- 200 grams wheat flour
- 2 tea spoons ginger-chilli paste
- 1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 ajwain
- 1 tea spoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup curds
- Salt to taste
Gujrati Snack, gujrati housewife like to prepare new snack for family ..Chakli is a product of that enthusiasm.
Instructions for wheat flour Chakli
- Tie the wheat flour in a muslin cloth.
- Steam this in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- Remove and break the lumps formed. Add all the other ingredients except oil. Put the chakli jali in the machine. Fill the machine with the dough. Make round chakali. Make 8 to 10 pieces and deep fry it on medium flame in hot oil.
- Store it in airtight container.
- The dough should be too hard.
Further details: You can add soaked rice flacks for its softness.
Makes: 13-14 chaklis