- Rock salt
- A few cumin seeds (powdered)
- Red chilli powder
- Citric acid
Instructions For Sabudana Sev
- Soak the sago at 6.00pm in water. The water level should be 1 ½ inch above the sago level.
- At 9.00 pm boil water in a vessel. For 1 bowl sago take a little less than 1 ½ bowls of water.
- When the water starts boiling, add sago and stir properly. Cover it with a lid. Let the sago get cooked properly. The spoon should remain straight standing when places in the centre.
- Do not soak for more than 3 hours. Remove it from the flame. Stir the mixture after 1 hour.
- If the mixture has more amount of water, then add some more sago (soaked in water). Keen the mixture aside overnight.
- If the mixture is still thin, add some boiled, peeled and grated potatoes. Potatoes would make the papadi whitish.
- In the morning add rock-salt, citric acid, cumin seeds (powdered), add red chilli powder. Make round papadies with a spoon on a plastic sheet. Sheets or make the sev with the machine. Dry in sunshine. Store in a jar. Fry in hot oil before serving.
Prepration time: 5-6 hours