- 250 grams chana flour(fine)
- 5 small pieces cinnamon powder and sieve
- 10 cloves powder and sieve
- ½ tea spoon omum (ajawain) powder and sieve
- 1 table spoon red chilli powder
- A pinch asafetida
- 1 ½ tea spoon garam masala
- A pinch soda
- Black salt
- Salt to taste
Ratlami sev is a one of the tea time snacks. It is very easy to make, you only need a ‘sev maker’. There are many varieties of sevs like, very fine sev, a medium thick sev, thick sev. Fine sev are used to garnish chaats like dahi puri and papadi chat. A medium thicker sev are used in bhel and sev tomato’s vegetable. The thicker sev (Ratlami) is spicy, which is usually served as snacks.
Instructions To Make Ratlami Sev
- Add all masala to the flour and enough oil. Knead the dough. Take a small portion of dough and beat slightly.
- Place it on the frying spoon and press to make sev on the frying pan with hot oil. Fry the sev,
- If the sev is not crispy, add a little more soda and oil. Sprinkle black salt powder. Proportion of spices may vary according to the taste.
Prepration time : 10 minutes